Chessington Children's Centre
Buckland Road, Chessington
Join us for a reusable nappy meet up! Are you looking for essential guidance and advice to help you get started with reusable nappies? We’re here to help. Join us at any one of our upcoming reusable nappy events in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames.
The events are open to all living in Kingston, whether you’re new or already started with reusable nappies. At the event, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about reusable nappies, ask questions, and understand the Real Nappies for London voucher incentive scheme.
- Purchase reusable nappies and explore different brands through a reusable nappy retailer pop-up shop.
- Exchange your unwanted baby clothes for other baby clothes, free of charge, at our ‘give & take’ stall.
- Connect with a local nappy library to register your interest in renting reusable nappies.
- Connect with other like-minded Kingston residents who are also interested in sustainable options for their families.
Upcoming Dates and Locations:
- Tuesday 19th September 2023 at 10am to 12pm – Chessington Children’s Centre, Buckland Road, Chessington, KT9 1JE … register via Eventbrite
- Monday 12th February 2024 at 10.30am to 12.30pm – Tolworth Children’s Centre, School Lane, Tolworth, KT6 7QJ … register via Eventbrite
Please let us know you’re coming by booking your free ticket via Eventbrite. You can also turn up on the day!
Voucher Incentive Scheme:
We are excited to announce that for 2023/24, Kingston upon Thames has joined our voucher scheme. They are offering a limited supply of £50 vouchers to low-income families claiming council tax reduction who wish to purchase reusable nappies. For more information about scheme and application process, please visit Real Nappies for London. To qualify for a £50 reusable nappy voucher, you will need to provide Real Nappies for London with photocopies of the following supporting evidence:
- Proof of identity: e.g., your driver’s licence, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of address/low-income: a recent council tax letter with your name and address showing that you receive council tax reduction.
- Proof of pregnancy/birth: an official document showing your name and the child’s expected date of delivery or date of birth (e.g. MatB1 form, Baby’s Birth Certificate, Hospital Scan Report letter). Your NHS Prescription Charge Card is also acceptable. For multiple births, please provide the hospital scan report. You will receive one voucher per baby.
You can apply in-person at the scheduled events. Remember to bring your supporting evidence with you on the day!