Reusable Nappy Week
24th – 30th April 2023
Reusable Nappy Week is an international action packed week of awareness raising activities and advocacy for all things reusable nappies. Join Real Nappies for London to celebrate!
Better for Baby
Breathable soft natural fabrics, which are comfortable and gentle on your baby’s skin.
By using just one reusable nappy a day instead of a disposable nappy, you will save 912 disposable nappies from incineration.
Using reusable nappies full time can save you on average £195 per year. Further savings can be made if the same nappies are used on a second child.
Learn more about Reusable Nappy Week.
Modern reusable nappies make using, washing and drying easy.
Reusable Nappy Week Events and Activities
Reusable Nappy Demonstration and Pop-up Shop at Danson Children & Youth Centre, WELLBABY CommuniTEA – Brampton Road, Bexleyheath DA7 4EZ. Hosted by: Danson Youth Trust. Join Real Nappies for London and the Washable Nappy Company for a reusable nappy demonstration at Danson Children & Youth Centre, Wellbaby CommuniTEA We’ll be there on the following Wednesday’s: 7th June 2023, 6th September 2023, 1st November 2023, 7th February 2024. When: 10am – 11:30am. At our info stall, you will: COST: Our event is hosted by Danson Youth Trust, Wellbaby CommuniTEA programme for under 5’s. There is an entry charge of £1.50, payable at reception (tea or coffee & biscuit included). All costs go to the Danson Children & Youth Centre to support their services to families living in Bexley. Please register via Eventbrite to let us know you’re coming, or simply drop-in on the day!
Reusable Nappy Demonstration and Pop-up Shop at Danson Children & Youth Centre, WELLBABY CommuniTEA – Brampton Road, Bexleyheath DA7 4EZ. Hosted by: Danson Youth Trust.
Join Real Nappies for London and the Washable Nappy Company for a reusable nappy demonstration at Danson Children & Youth Centre, Wellbaby CommuniTEA
We’ll be there on the following Wednesday’s: 7th June 2023, 6th September 2023, 1st November 2023, 7th February 2024.
When: 10am – 11:30am.
At our info stall, you will:
COST: Our event is hosted by Danson Youth Trust, Wellbaby CommuniTEA programme for under 5’s. There is an entry charge of £1.50, payable at reception (tea or coffee & biscuit included). All costs go to the Danson Children & Youth Centre to support their services to families living in Bexley.
Please register via Eventbrite to let us know you’re coming, or simply drop-in on the day!
PRIZE DRAW: Show us What inspired you to use reusable nappies
HOW TO GET INVOLVED WITH OUR PRIZE DRAW
We have one last prize draw available to be won. For your chance to win: 1 x TotsBots Swim Nappy, 1 x Pēpi Collection Reusable Nappy and 1 x Cheeky Wipes ‘Reusable Wet Wipes’ Kit collectively worth over £45. We would like you to show us what inspired you to use reusable nappies. Record your answer via a high-quality video reel, or picture with caption, and post it on social media (Instagram or Facebook) and tag us @realnappiesforlondon. Make sure to also use the hashtags: #RealNappiesForLondon and #ReusableNappyWeek. If you do not use social media, you can submit your video or image directly to us by email: email@example.com. Submissions close: Sunday 30th April 2023, 23:59. Winner announcement will be posted on @realnappiesforlondon Instagram and Facebook Wednesday 3rd May, 11am.
Need inspiration for your submission? Here are some ideas:
- Was your inspiration environmental, cost-saving, or anything else?
- Were you inspired by a friend / local parent / carer / organisation?
- What was that one thing that motivated you to try reusable nappies out?
WHAT TO DO
Your submission must be posted as a video reel or image with caption on Instagram or Facebook and you must tag Real Nappies for London: @RealNappiesforLondon. Note: submissions posted only as an Instagram or Facebook Story will not be included. Alternatively, send your video or image with caption by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it for you!
We will select one remaining name drawn from our ‘Prize Draw’ at random. The winner will receive: 1 x TotsBots ‘One Size’ Swim Nappy, 1 x Pépi Collection Pocket Reusable Nappy and 1 x Cheeky Wipes ‘Reusable Wet Wipes’ Kit collectively worth over £45. You can post as many answers as you like, but your name/social media handle will only be entered once into our prize draw. We will take your social media handle or name given to us.
Please remember, only post what you are happy sharing with others online. Real Nappies for London reserves the right to remove/block any and all postings that we deem irrelevant and/or offensive to this promotion and to our followers of Real Nappies for London (Women’s Environmental Network). Do not upload videos or images found on the internet. Your submission must be your own video footage or photo. No sponsored or affiliated ads promoting products, no mean-spirited or demeaning content, vulgarity, homophobic or racial slurs, sexism, trolling, or combative or taunting language.
Entries to win the prize draw are only for those living within Greater London, aged over 18+, with a baby in nappies, or if expecting a baby. You may be asked to provide proof of address and proof of age if you are a selected winner.
Real Nappies for London reserves the right to use your video for future promotion of reusable nappies and the voucher incentive scheme. We would like to create a compilation video celebrating all submissions answering our question, after posting your reel or picture on social media, please also send to us by email: email@example.com
Promoter: Real Nappies for London, Women’s Environmental Network, Ground Floor, 20 Club Row, London E2 7EY.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Promoter: Real Nappies for London, Women’s Environmental Network, Ground Floor, 20 Club Row, London E2 7EY.
- Eligibility: This prize promotion is open to those with a baby in nappies, or expecting a baby, aged 18+ living in Greater London (living in one of the 33 Local Authority Districts), except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize promotion including Women’s Environmental Network / Real Nappies for London employees, Local Authority officers participating with the Real Nappies for London scheme and reusable nappy suppliers, manufacturers and stockists.
- To enter: Internet access and an Instagram or Facebook account required for entry. Upload video reel or picture with caption answering ‘what inspired you to use reusable nappies.’ Submissions must include the hashtags #RealNappiesforLondon and #ReusableNappyWeek and must tag @realnappiesforlondon in the post. Entrants can also tag their Local Authority who may have given them a reusable nappy incentive. Please ensure your post is clear and well-lit. Use highest quality resolution and recording available for images and audio. If your social media account is private you can submit your video or picture with caption by private message or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is so we can see your entry and share on our social media profile. Do not upload images or videos found on the internet or for which you are not the holder of the intellectual property.
- You can post multiple submissions. But your name will only be included once in our prize draw.
- Promotion Period: Opens midnight Thursday 6th April 2023 and closes 12noon Thursday 27th April 2023. We have extended our prize draw until Sunday 30th April 2023, 23:59 for one remaining winner.
- Entries that are incomplete, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason will not be accepted.
- Any entries that we consider (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified and removed/blocked. We will not tolerate anyone who posts or is seen to be posting comments via any social media channel or anywhere else during this prize promotion that we think are bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other entrants and followers of Real Nappies for London, Women’s Environmental Network. Anyone acting in this way will be disqualified from the prize draw.
- You are responsible for any content you post/tag to us and you should only provide content which you are comfortable sharing with others. We do not take responsibility for such content and we reserve the right to remove or block any and all postings that we deem irrelevant.
- No third party. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
- The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
- Winner selection: Two names will be selected at random for the prize draw.
- Prize fund: There are two reusable nappy bundles available as a prize. One reusable nappy bundle worth approx £45 per winner. This will be delivered by post within 28 days of prize acceptance.
- There is no alternative to the prizes stated and the prize reusable nappy bundle must be accepted by the named winners.
- Winner notification: The two winners will be announced on Real Nappies for London’s Facebook and Instagram and notified via Direct Message by @realnappiesforlondon on Thursday 27th April, 3pm (now extended to Wednesday 3rd May 2023, 11am for one remaining winner). Please check ‘message requests’ in your Instagram or Facebook inbox. If the winner does not respond within the initial seven days of notification, they will be contacted via Direct Message again allowing for a further seven days to respond. If contact cannot be made, or the prize is not claimed, within 14 days of the initial prize notification date an alternative winner will be drawn. Only a private message from the same Instagram account that we notify will be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when confirming acceptance of the prize in order for their prize claim to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the winner failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Where we suspect that an individual has breached these T&Cs we reserve the right to verify the winner and ask for proof of identity, age and address and that they are the person associated with the winning notification.
- The two winners agree to take part in reasonable publicity without payment. Such publicity includes, without limitation, publishing the winner’s name or social media handle, their submitted video or image with caption and any statements made by them concerning the Promotion and the prize won as part of the Promotion on Real Nappies for London’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts, including in an issue of Real Nappies for London online newsletter.
- Freedom of Information Requests: The names of the two winners will be made available to anyone who requests it by emailing: email@example.com within 3 months of the closing date. Participants may request that their surname and Local Authority is not published in the event they win by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
- Winner details will not be used for any other purpose or transferred to third parties.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram or Facebook.
- We reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion for whatever reason, with no liability to any entrants or third parties if the failure to deliver our obligations is outside our reasonable control. However, if this happens, we will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to winner notifications or prizes.
- Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding.
- The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
Reusable Nappy Schemes
Reusable nappy incentive schemes such as Real Nappies for London has shown to be a cost-effective mechanism with a real impact on public waste disposal budgets: councils save eleven times as much on waste disposal as they spend administering the scheme. Real Nappies for London currently works with the London boroughs of Barnet, Bexley, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Lambeth, Waltham Forest and Westminster City Council to offer parents and foster carers with a baby under 18 months, or expecting a baby, living in one of the voucher participating London boroughs, with a reusable nappy voucher worth up to £70 to get started with reusable nappies. Find out more:
Your Guide to Getting Started
Where to Buy
Meet Other Parents