Switch for SixThinking of using real nappies, but not sure where to start? Let Real Nappies for London help you make the switch.
Switch for Six – What’s it all about?
In partnership with the national real nappy information service Go Real, Real Nappies for London has launched a #switchforsix campaign this Real Nappy Week 2017 to encourage parents to give cloth nappies a go and to share their experiences for six weeks.
Along the way, you can receive support and guidance of experienced real nappy parents and advisors. The campaign is here to make you feel more comfortable and confident in switching to reusable nappies, and to hopefully continue until your baby is potty trained. This is a fun and engaging campaign, a chance for you and your baby to join the real nappy community as well as do something that makes you feel good, and has a positive impact on the environment.
How to get involved:
- Complete the Sign up form below. Switch for Six is open to parents with babies under 18 months living in the UK, who have not yet used real nappies or have stopped but want to give real nappies another go.
- Buy a set of real nappies to get you started. If you have not already claimed for a real nappy voucher to help with the upfront cost of buying real nappies, and if you are eligible to do so, you can apply for a voucher here (RNfL voucher participating London boroughs only). Or you can find out what incentives are available in your borough by visiting your local authority website. Real Nappies for London recommends starting small by buying a trial pack consisting of a variety of different types of real nappies lasting for 24 hours. You can then build your set of real nappies over the six weeks, when you are ready to do so. Hiring a real nappy kit from your local Cloth Nappy Library can also be an option.
- Show that you’re taking part by posting a photo or comment using the hashtag #switchforsix, on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Don’t forget to share with us! Facebook / Instagram: @RealNappiesforLondon and Twitter: @_RNfL
- Join the Facebook Switch for Six Forum to ask any real nappy questions you may have. Questions will be answered by parents who have used real nappies successfully, as well as by us and real nappy advisors.
- We would love to hear your real nappy experiences. Simply write a short blog entry below or keep us updated on social media with how you get on. All parents who sign up before 8th May 2017 and share their experiences throughout the six weeks, will be entered for a prize draw. Prizes to be revealed!
Sign up to Switch for Six
Sign up to Switch for Six
Terms and Conditions
By accepting the Terms of Conditions of the Switch of Six campaign, you agree that:
- Information you submit in the sign up form will be held by Real Nappies for London for 12 months for monitoring and research purposes. Information will not be shared with third parties. Real Nappies for London can contact you during and at the end of your six week trial period to ask you for feedback. This will be done by completion of a survey either online or by telephone. Information compiled for research will all be made anonymous. You can choose to opt-out of this.
- Social Media: By sending Real Nappies for London any posts of pictures or written content whilst participating with the Switch for Six campaign, you are giving Real Nappies for London permission to use this information on our website and social media platforms – such as but not exclusively Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are responsible for any content you post to us and you should only provide content which you are comfortable sharing with others. We do not take responsibility for such content and we reserve the right to remove or block any and all postings that we deem irrelevant to the Switch for Six campaign or that we in our discretion decide not to use.
- When participating in the Switch for Six Facebook Forum, the materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect our views and we shall not be liable for any user information posted or displayed on, or uploaded onto the Forum. We will be monitoring the Switch for Six Facebook Forum and shall use reasonable endeavours to check that information is accurate and used appropriately but in doing so we are not assuming any responsibility. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor and/or become involved in any dispute between you and other users and we are not obliged to perform any adjudication or ruling service.
- Real Nappies for London does not endorse one particular brand or real nappy manufacturer.
Your Real Nappy Diary
Keep us updated with your #switchforsix real nappy journey by writing a few short comments in the form below.
This can be done at a time that suits you – weekly or at the end of your six weeks.